I made a few good recipes in February and have never shared them. So I am sharing now. One Sunday in February we were not feeling so well. And it was cool out. So I made this yummy soup with some bread. Rich soup and warm, crusty bread-what great country food any time of year. Trevor loved this soup.
1 stewing chicken (2 to 3 pounds)
2-1/2 quarts water
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
1/2 medium onion, chopped (use to your liking)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1-1/2 cups uncooked fine noodles
In a large soup kettle, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil; skim broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool. Debone chicken and cut into chunks. Skim fat from broth; bring to a boil. Add noodles; cook until noodles are tender. Return chicken to kettle. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment