Monday I slow-simmered this round steak to perfection and smothered with a gravy that was packed with colorful peppers. I served with hot mashed potatoes. Trevor loved this when I pureed for him. Matt and I enjoyed it too! It was yummy! As Matt would say, Andrea are you tooting your own horn! Maybe just a bit! But, if we enjoy the meal, I like to share with family and friends.
2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
2 cups each sliced green, sweet red and yellow peppers (use to your liking)
1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
2 medium onions, quartered and sliced (use to your liking)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Cut steak into serving-size pieces. Place in a slow cooker. Add the peppers, mushrooms, onions, water, salt and pepper. Pour tomato sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-1/2 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, remove beef and vegetables; keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into cooking juices; cover and cook on high for 15 minutes. Serve with beef, vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment