Friday morning before we headed to the FBR Open I made this wonderful recipe. I could have prepared this dish in advance, covered and refrigerated overnight. And removed from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. But, no I waited until the morning when we were rushing to get out the door.
1 package (32 oz) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped onion (use to your liking)
1/4 cup chopped green pepper (use to your liking)
8 eggs
2 cups milk
In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, green pepper and salt. Spoon into a greased 9x13 baking dish. In bowl, beat eggs and milk until smooth, pour over hash brown mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50 minutes. Top with remaining cheese.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment