Saturday, February 21, 2009
Old Town And Ocean Beach
Wednesday Tonya had to attend a conference all day. That is why she was in San Diego after all. So Trevor and I headed out for a fun day together. We started back at Old Town State Historic Park. The birthplace of San Diego-indeed, of California-Old Town was founded by Spanish friars in 1769, along with Mission San Diego. I was trying to get past the touristy veneer and into the true spirit of this pedestrians-only six-block historic district, where you step back to a time of one-room schoolhouses and village greens, when the people who lived, worked, and played here spoke Spanish. Wednesday afternoon Trevor and I went to Ocean Beach. Trevor's first time to the Ocean. This beach sits just across the channel from Mission Bay. The northern end of Ocean Beach Park is known as Dog Beach after the pooches that frolic on the sand. We walked out on Ocean Beach Pier. No surfers were in sight. Tonya called later that afternoon once she was out of her conference. We picked her up at the hotel and went over to the Embarcadero's Seaport Village. This faux New England-style village is big for souvenir shopping and dining with a view. Trevor was able to ride on the 1890 Looff carousel imported from Coney Island, New York. I forgot the camera on this outing. Otherwise I would have gotten a picture of him on the carousel. We had dinner Wednesday evening at The Fish Market. Chalkboards announced the day's catches. The bay views were stupendous.
Mommy and Trevor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweetheart Great pictures of you and Trevor! I treasure both of you with all my heart. Enjoyed the pictures see you soon. Check the mail!
Post a Comment